We welcome any person who wants to take control of their health, reduce stress in their life, and live their BEST life.
Getting healthy is not just about getting adjusted. Sure, adjustments make people feel good, but without learning how to keep your body balanced, you’re just going to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.
At Morter Wellness Center, our experience has taught us that the power to heal lies not in any physician’s hands, but in your own body. Our job is to help you discover the true meaning of pain, discomfort or blocks that are preventing you from achieving the life you want to live. Then, we can help you correct them.
We do this with Treatment and Tools.
After discussing whether our approach will help you get out of pain and back into life, the first step in this journey is treatment – finding and treating the true, underlying cause of your pain or emotional block. To do this we use four key treatment methods:
- BioEnergetic Synchronization Technique (B.E.S.T) is a gentle method to help re-balance the brain-body connection and re-establish the full healing potential of the body. Understanding the role the mind plays in our health and healing potential, B.E.S.T. helps to break the cycle created by traumatic emotional events that can keep the body running in constant defense mode.
- Upper Cervical Chiropractic is a quick adjustment addressing the top bones of the spine while the patient is relaxed. It is a means of gently, and usually painlessly, persuading the Atlas (the top bone of the spinal column) to return to its correct resting position without forcing or stressing the joint or the body.
- Cranial Rhythm Therapy is a low-force, gentle method of aligning the bones of the skull. The proper movement of cranial bones during respiration is critical to brain and nervous system function due to circulation of the protective fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Cranial treatments are particularly beneficial for those with TMJ or dental issues, breastfeeding difficulties, or sinus dysfunction.
- Activator is a technique using a hand-held instrument that delivers a quick, gentle and specific thrust to joints of the spine and extremities. It can help the body re-balance gently by addressing improper movement and balance of both muscle and bone.
Other Chiropractic methods we have in our toolbox include:
- Webster Technique is a method of balancing the pelvis to allow babies to move freely. It has been documented as having an 82% success rate of allowing breech babies to turn after the eighth month, reducing the need for cesearian deliveries. Mothers are encouraged to arrange a visit to the Center to optimize spinal and pelvic alignment early on in their pregnancy to encourage easier pregnancy, labor, delivery, and recovery.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique uses gentle adjustments with the doctor’s hands as well as pelvic blocks to normalize movement of the sacrum (the bone you sit on) and the skull. These adjustments help to normalize the flow of the fluid surrounding your spinal cord and brain.
- Logan Basic Technique seeks to align the sacrum with a gentle, sustained contact at the apex of the sacrum. This contact will, in turn, relax muscles along the spine allowing the adjustment to take place.
- Network is an energetic healing modality that seeks to rebalance the body through subtle energy changes.
Your Everyday Toolbox
As mentioned before, getting treatment is only part of the solution. The REAL way you’re going to get healthier more quickly and stay healthier longer is by using a variety of tools. We call this your toolbox, and they’re a great way to start your day, end your day, and help you overcome stress throughout the day.
- Breathing – Did you know that your breath is the EASIEST way you can immediately squash your fight-or-flight response? Deep, slow breathing takes you from your stress mode to your healing mode. True health is impossible without it!
- Water – Drinking water is a critical part of being healthy. Yes, Jerry Seinfeld has a bit about how ridiculous people are who talk about staying hydrated (Watch it here – it’s funny!), but it’s true. You need water. And if you’re reading this with a headache, stop right now and get a glass of water. Once people begin to get adjusted and aligned, one of the most common cause of headaches, other than your (fill-in-the-blank family member), is dehydration.
- Eating Well – This means including vegetables, fruits, and fermented foods in your diet. Couple that with good, organic meats, and you’re on a winning track. However, every person has different situations and stressors that keep them from living their best. If you have a desire to have better nutrition, then we have tricks up our sleeves to help you achieve it.
- Sleep – Often, people who come to see us for treatment report better sleep. And sleep is important! It’s where your body recharges and rejuvenates, hormones balance and your brain clears out the junk from the day. If you’re not sleeping, we can help you figure out what’s standing in the way.
- Forgiveness – Still holding onto that grudge from grade school? LET IT GO! IT’S KILLING YOU! Seriously. Holding onto old hurts keeps your body from being able to relax – and that’s keeping you from healing.
- Posture – Want to know a sure-fire way to look thinner, feel better and appear more successful? Stand up straight! Neurologically, your posture is a communication of what your brain perceives about the world around you. Standing up straight, you’re a winner. Slumped, you look and act defeated – or angry. A huge part of treatment is learning how to use posture to change your pain, change your brain, and change your life.
- Exercise – Movement is life. If you don’t move it, you lose it. You just need to move. Period. Part of the toolbox learning at Morter Wellness is figuring out how to fit small breaks in your day where you can maximize your movement for the best effect on your brain and your body.